Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Hobbit

I have been waiting for this film for a long time, so there was a lot of anticipation that it rock just as much as The Lord of the Rings. I try to stay away from reviews, but I couldn't help but see that The Hobbit has been getting mixed reviews. We saw it with the family last night and I LOVED IT! I was so happy with the movie and left feeling elated!


The dwarves were hilarious and I can't wait to get more of each of their stories. Thorin Oakenshield was perfectly cast. He reminded me a lot of Boromir, but soon took on a character of his own.


I love Martin Freeman from Sherlock and he was so great as Bilbo! His first scene with Gandalf set up his character just beautifully. His comic timing is genius and his dramatic work was spot on. Can't wait for more!


The penultimate scene was, of course, the encounter between Bilbo and Gollum. I think it might be the best scene from the entire set of films! I couldn't have been happier. I only saw the film yesterday and I'm ready to see it again. I am so happy that the Tolkien universe is in good hands.

3 comments:

  1. I commented earlier today, but it didn't post...Anyway, I loved it too! So well done and funny. Martin Freeman is pure genius and the whole movie was fun to watch. Now we need to see it in 3D and IMAX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on all of it! We took all of the boys on opening day and dressed Trace (4) as Bilbo. Loved it! Love Martin Freeman, it would be so easy to overact such a famous character, but it was perfect! And I think the riddle scene was fantastic--I felt terrified, even though I of course knew what was going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just saw it in 3D. What an experience! I felt like I was in a dream...like I was in the film with all of the characters, so cool!

    ReplyDelete