Friday, December 14, 2012

Emotional Day

I had a great day at school today. Kam is in my class this year and I have been having a really fun time. I've got some great boys and some of the best girls I have had in years. We had a couple moments in class today where we couldn't stop laughing. I was on an emotional high. I look around at the guys and I just really love them.

Then news came of the Conneticut attacks and it brought my emotions to the surface. I know it's hard for all to hear about and make sense of, but when it involves a school, it just hits something in me as a teacher.

Tonight we attended the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with Alfie Boe and Tom Brokaw. The spirit felt there and the power and majesty of the music and stories they shared strengthened my testimony of the Gospel and my love for my Savior. Sometimes this free agency thing sucks when you see people abuse it like they did today. We came home and Lindsay woke each of our children one on one and told them how much she loves them.

1 comment:

  1. As you'll see posted accidentally on your totally fun and not sad Thanksgiving point entry, this is just so, so sad.

    ReplyDelete