Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Favorite Films (50-41)

I'm down to my Top 50! I'm going to start listing 10 at time now. As always, these are subject for your agreement or argument.

 
50)  William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet_  Gotta be honest, I hated this movie when it came out. Now? I can’t watch any other version but this one. Baz Luhrman captured this story in such a crazy/beautiful way. DiCaprio and Danes killed it in every way imaginable (no pun intended).

49)  Joe vs. the Volcano-  “As a luggage problem, I believe I have just the thing.” I love this movie. It is my early teenage years with my cousins.

48)  Pollyanna-  “When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will.” I have to watch this movie every 4th of July. I don’t think a better child performance has ever been captured on film.

47)  3:10 to Yuma (2007)-  My favorite western of all time. Christian Bale’s best performance.

46)  The Great Escape-  So many wonderful, funny moments in this. Steve McQueen is just so cool.

45)  Titanic-  You may have gotten sick of it at one point, but watch it again. It’s a very powerful movie.

44)  The Breakfast Club-  John Hughes' best film. I know the script by heart, I’ve seen it so many times. Every character is perfect.

43)  Wall-E-  Wall-E expresses such an emotional range with virtually no dialogue. It’s an amazing artistic achievement. A beautiful film.

42)  Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back-  Question- How’s the temperature in a Ton-Ton? Answer- It’s not too Hoth, it’s not too cold. It’s Luke warm.

41)  Back to the Future-  One of my first favorite movies! Marty McFly, Doc Brown, George McFly, Biff…so good.

1 comment:

  1. I might have a slight crush on Christian Bale... "3:10 to Yuma" definitely his best! Oh, the acting was good too ;)

    ReplyDelete