Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Favorite Films (30-21)

Getting closer to the Top 20! It's just so exciting!



30)  Peter Pan-  This was a very hard choice to make. Walt Disney and his team created such a wonderful group of classic feature-length cartoons. Which one to choose? Sleeping Beauty? Alice in Wonderland? 101 Dalmations? I had to go with Peter Pan. It is of course my link to my childhood, Disneyland, and a choir tour during my junior year of high school.


29)  Schindler’s List-  It's not easy to watch this movie, but I don't know if any movie (other than Saving Private Ryan) has ever affected me so deeply. Your life is changed after watching a movie like this. That's real power in art.


28)  Terminator 2: Judgment Day-  I collected Terminator 2 trading cards. Yeah. I know.


27)  Point Break-  The all-time best guilty pleasure ever! Patrick Swayze is so freaking cool. His name is Bohdi for freaking sake!


26)  White Christmas-  "The best things, happen while you're dancing..."


25)  E.T.-  This was my first favorite movie! Every time I watch it, or even think about it, my childhood comes rushing back. I love, love, love this movie.


24)  Home Alone-  I know this is a strange movie to be so high up on my list of all-time favorites. But this is my go to "feel-good" movie. I will watch it in the middle of the summer if I'm feeling stressed or blue. It's Christmas. Pure Christmas.


23)  Inception-  The hallway battle scene is one of the best things ever put on film. Christopher Nolan's best movie and one of Leonardo DiCaprio's best, as well.


22)  Aliens-  James Cameron knows how to make a sequel (Terminator 2). This movie took a totally different direction from the small, claustrophobic feel of the original and gave it a huge, claustrophobic feel. So crazy and creepy! "Game over, man! Game over!"


21)  The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers-  Great musical themes, introduction of Gollum, Helm's Deep, King Theoden, Faramir...Brilliance in film making.

No comments:

Post a Comment