Friday, July 12, 2013

My 100 Favorite Films (20-11)

It's the TOP 20, baby! TOP 20!


20)  Return to Me-  I'm a sucker for "chick flicks," and this is one of the best ones ever. I love David Duchovny and Minnie Driver. Their chemistry was spot on. Bonnie Hunt (who wrote and directed this gem) and Jim Belushi are extremely relatable and hilarious! But the best part of the film is the restaurant of old men and their improvisation! I laugh so hard every time I watch this movie.


19)  Forrest Gump-  There are a few Tom Hanks movies on my list (Cast Away was so close to being in my top 100--I'm still upset it's not here). He is truly an incredible actor. I love the scope of this movie. So many great moments and experiences that make their way into this story.


18)  Collateral-  My favorite Tom Cruise movie. He is brilliant as a cold hearted hit man. Jamie Fox is so good in this. They develop an awesome "relationship" throughout the movie. Definitely my favorite portrayal of Los Angeles. Michael Mann's cinematography is perfectly done.


17)  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2-  I have posted many times on this blog my love for Harry Potter. The books are are my all-time favorite series and I just love the movies so much. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson are perfectly cast as Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Each director over the series added their own vision and captured beautifully, certain moments from the books. It was hard to narrow down my favorite from the last 4 films, but I have to go with the final one. Alan Rickman... It gets better and better every time I watch it.


16)  Raiders of the Lost Ark-  How can this not be in the Top 20?


15)  The Goonies-  I looked exactly like Sean Astin when this movie came out. I lived an envious life for years. I used to dream that my cousins and I would find a map that would lead us through Mount Timpanogos. There are many movies that I wish I were in--this is near the top of the list.


14)  It's a Wonderful Life-  I weep every time. Weep.


13)  When Harry Met Sally-  My favorite romantic comedy. Billy Crystal is a genius. Meg Ryan is who I would want if Lindsay did not exist. A perfect script.


12)  The Bourne Supremacy-  The Bourne trilogy might be my second favorite trilogy (it's not hard to guess my favorite). I love the emotion and vengeance driven plot of Supremacy--track down who killed Marie. Add Karl Urban to the mix and you've got a great movie.


11)  Saving Private Ryan-  This was the beginning of my love of World War II. When I first saw this, it messed me up. Bad. Lindsay and I came home from the theater and I cried and cried. I couldn't get it out of my head for weeks. I watched it this past week and it's still so affecting. Tom Hanks gives my favorite performance of his. Steven Spielberg created something incredibly profound and personal with this movie. It's just so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment