Thursday, March 29, 2012

Osmond Brothers and Disneyland-What's Not To Love?

Peeking from behind a post at Haunted Mansion. Notice a baby-faced Kurt Russell at the top.
Years ago I remember seeing an old Disneyland episode where the Osmonds go to Disneyland and Kurt Russell is their tour guide. I've been trying to get a copy of it for years--even talking to the Osmonds directly, but found no luck. I know, I know--but I love anything associated with Disneyland history. I finally found it on Youtube (because what can't you find on Youtube) and burned it onto a disc. I finally watched it today and it was the sappiest thing I have ever seen! And I mean that in the best way. It had great shots of classic Disneyland. It was basically an extended advertisement of what Disneyland had to offer at the time. It was on TV right after The Haunted Mansion opened, so it had some great information about the creation of the attraction. I have included one section of the episode. If you've got the time, have a go. I love the chippy on the omnibus doing the 60's dancing!

2 comments:

  1. That is some impressive air guitar work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is unrelated but since I don't have your email address I will just post the link here. I'm super excited for this new documentary, "Side by Side" comparing film vs. digital filmmaking. Check out the trailer, it looks awesome!

    http://sidebysidethemovie.com/

    ReplyDelete