Monday, April 9, 2012

Best Trilogy?

So I am sitting in Nephi, UT waiting for our blasted minivan to finish with its $750 repairs so that I can join my wife and kids down at the ranch. I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun.

So I was thinking-Kam and I just started watching the Bourne trilogy. Great, great films. What is the best trilogy ever made? There are some excellent ones out there. I will list a few down below and ask you to rank what your top three favorites are. Mine are ranked as follows (although I am not including all trilogies here):

I only saw these films once when I was just out of high school. I do remember that they were long, but affecting.

I love Mad Max. They sometimes seem to take themselves too seriously though.

I wanted to be McFly when I was a preteen.

What a great creation and vision. Yes, there was a fourth, but many consider the first three to be the core. I love Aliens and I'm one of the few who loved Alien 3.

These films are a part of Radebaugh history. My parents fed me Star Wars. But of course, I have to go with the original three.

Again, there was a fourth, (which I did enjoy) but most people write it off and only acknowledge the first three. I love all three just about equally, but have to tip the scale just a bit toward Raiders.

Perfection!

Drama, action, score, story, character, acting, intensity...love it.

Nothing. Nothing will ever replace these as the best three films ever put together.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a blast at the Ranch! We had such a wonderful time down there--and saw 2 movies at the Wayne: The Lorax and John Carter, wish we could have stuck around long enough to see Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough choice to narrow it to three. 1) Definitely Lord of the Rings -- I don't think there will ever be a trilogy to top it. 2) Original Star Wars trilogy. 3) It's a hard choice for number three but I would probably say the Toy Story trilogy with an honorable mention to Indiana Jones (Raiders and Last Crusade were brilliant but Temple of Doom was the weak link). And might I predict that with the Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy will be one of the greatest trilogies too.

    ReplyDelete