Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hugo Cabret


As a school teacher, I've been a long time fan of Brian Selznick. He's done some great things in the past and his "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" was a genius book. I loved how his illustrations told most of the story. Kids love it because it's a gargantuan book that they can read in just a few days. I was a little worried when I saw that Martin Scorsese was directing the adaptation. The same man behind "The Departed?" Sunday afternoon we watched it as a family and I LOVED it! The performances were amazing (particularly Ben Kingsley), the score by Howard Shore was fantastic and overall it was just a beautiful love letter to the magic of cinema! If you haven't seen it, please do.

2 comments:

  1. I think it did well at the Oscars this year. Haven't seen it, but heard it was good.

    ReplyDelete