Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Civil Wars


I saw their live performance on this year's Grammys and I love their new song with Taylor Swift, so I decided to give their album a try. I don't want to buy albums these days that I won't listen to over and over. I have bought a couple in the past few months that have not offered me repeat listens. But this one has stuck. Great instrumentations (I just created a word there), great harmonies..the album just soars. I'm really liking "I've Got This Friend" and "Poison and Wine." If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. It is so choice.

2 comments:

  1. I love these guys. They will be playing a couple tracks on the Hunger Games soundtrack. It should be a great soundtrack. Off topic, but you should check out The Decemberists and their album, "The King is Dead". I think you would really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the song "Poison and Wine". Definitely one of my favorites!!!!!

    ReplyDelete