Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2 Great Albums in 2 Weeks!

I love great finds in music! Last week I found Civil Wars and am still loving the album. Now I have stumbled upon this gem and it's an absolute revelation! There's nothing better than finding new, sweet music.


Gotye (pronounced go-tee-aye) is Belgian/Australian and I first heard one of his songs on the radio a few weeks back. I didn't know who I was listening to, but it was one of the coolest songs I had ever heard. I tracked down the album and it's a winner. Every song is great! I feel like I'm listening to the best of Sting, Peter Gabriel and Ray LaMontagne mixed together, but still something with a unique sound. His album "Making Mirrors" was only $7 bucks when I bought it, but it's jumped back up to $10. I promise you won't regret it! Awesome, awesome sound.

3 comments:

  1. I just downloaded Someone that I used to know - love it. There's some early 80's song this totally picks up, I can't quite find it in my head. Glad to hear the rest is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking Gotye too! At least the few songs I have heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two good bands. Curt loves Civil Wars. Did you see Gotye on SNL tonight?

    ReplyDelete