Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tom Cruise


Tom Cruise is a true movie star. There are actors out there (Colin Firth, Viggo Mortensen, Daniel Day Lewis, Kate Winslet) and then there are "movie stars." Not to say that Tom Cruise is not a great actor--I think he is fabulous. I don't think there is a movie I have seen him in when I have not loved his performance, but he is just on a different level when you think of the whole "Hollywood" thing. He went through a bit of a crazy phase that really hurt his public image. I am bummed that happened because what I have read about him seems like he is totally genuine in many ways. Actors love working with him, directors love working with him, and he is awesome to his fans. I saw a behind the scenes special on TRL (MTV's Total Request Live from the early 2000s) where the hosts said that during the commercial break he took the time to go around to every fan in the audience and shake their hand and talk to them. Awesome. Take a minute to read the following article from Jeremy Renner from M:I-4.

Jeremy Renner on MovieLine

No comments:

Post a Comment