Saturday, July 2, 2011

Best Animated Voices Pt. 2

Number 4 goes to Shia Labeouf's performance of Cody Maverick from Surf's Up.


I loved this movie! I thought the concept was so great. I have always said that if I could switch places with another living person it would be Laird Hamilton. I just love the whole surfing world. Shia was the perfect choice for this role. He nails everything about it. The special features on the dvd reveal that a lot of the performance between him and Jeff Bridges (equally awesome) were improvised.

Best line: Cody: I don't understand why everybody have to be so judgmental. I understand why mom's judgmental. I think it's 'cause she cares, *partially*. Think it's also partially 'cause, everyone else is lookin' at her like, "Hey, Cody's just a bum." "Cody's this," "Cody's that," "Cody's this."
[pause]
Cody: Cody's me, bro. Let me be me. When is that going to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment