Wednesday, July 27, 2011

80's Mixtape Pt. 2

Okay, folks! The finale of my 80's mixtape. This has been so much fun because of the memories it has brought back. It's amazing the emotions that can come to you from listening to a piece of music. Let me know if I missed any of your favorites.

"Ghostbusters"-Ray Parker Junior 1984 (What kid in the 80's didn't love this movie and song?)
"If You Leave"-OMD 1986 (My favorite John Hughes theme song)
"Only A Lad"-Oingo Boingo 1981 (My parents hated that I loved this album)
"You Can Call Me Al"-Paul Simon 1987 (I've never been a Paul Simon fan, but I loved this song because of the music video with Chevy Chase--couldn't get enough of it)
"Bizarre Love Triangle"-New Order 1986 (Hard to decide what New Order song is the best, but I think I'll go with this one)
"Troy"-Sinead O'Connor 1987 (this song brings me back to my junior high friends--I miss them)
"Cloudbusting"-Kate Bush 1985 (love, love, love her)
"In Your Eyes"-Peter Gabriel 1986 (so many awesome songs from the album So, but I went with this one because I always dreamed of having a John Cusack moment with this song)
"Hungry Like a Wolf"-Duran Duran 1983 (because of the music video)
"Here Is the House"-Depeche Mode 1983 (my parents REALLY hated that I loved this album--and by the way, those weren't my reasons for liking the music)
"In My Wildest Dreams"-Belinda Carlisle 1987 (the movie Mannequin is still one of my all time favorites)
"Head Like A Hole"-Nine Inch Nails 1989 (I shouldn't love them, but Trent Reznor is a musical genius)
"Every Breath You Take"-The Police 1983 (the other song I listened to thinking about all the girls I couldn't get)
"Lady in Red"-Chris DeBurgh 1987 (I went through a weird Working Girl phase)

and finally...

Every song from Cure's album Disintegration. I already listed this album on my perfect albums list and it's so hard to choose just one. But if I have to for this mixtape I'll go with "Pictures of You." I would listen to it and look at a picture of my junior high "girlfriend" Connie. I can still describe to you everything about the picture. Wow! Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment