Tuesday, July 26, 2011

80's Mixtape Pt. 1

I will be listing my favorite 80's songs over the next two days. They are in no particular order, just a mix of the songs I loved to listen to. I wish I was skilled enough to list them with links so that you could also listen to them, but alas I have neither the time nor the knowledge. Look em up if you wish. Enjoy!

"Just Like Heaven"-The Cure 1987 (best emo band of all time)
"Candle in the Wind"-Elton John 1988 (LOVED Marilyn Monroe-I had posters of her all over my room)
"Cruel Summer"-Bananarama 1984 (Karate Kid of course)
"Love Machine"-Wham! 1983 (THE family album while traveling England)
"Take On Me"-A-Ha 1985 (Only loved it because of the music video)
"Borderline"-Madonna 1984 (Best Madonna song ever)
"Good Enough"-Cindy Lauper 1985 (The Goonies soundtrack)
"With or Without You"-U2 1987 (listened to this in junior high and thought about all the girls I couldn't get)
"Like to Get to Know You Well"-Howard Jones 1985 (Better Off Dead soundtrack)
"Wishing Well"-Terrence Trent Darby 1988 (I think I was the only Darby fan alive)
"Ana Ng"-They Might Be Giants 1988 (GREAT song from an awesome album)
"Beat It"-Michael Jackson 1983 (I think I knew the entire dance from the music video)
"Heart and Soul"-Huey Lewis and the News 1983 (Best song from a band that had way too many awesome songs)
"In the Air Tonight"-Phil Collins 1981 (Best drum solo break ever! Total Miami Vice memories)
"Cult of Personality"-Living Colour 1989 (So good!)

I think only about 15 songs could fit on a mixtape. So tomorrow I will complete my list with one more tape!

3 comments:

  1. Good call on Ana Ng, very obscure. I might have to put Cruel Summer on my top ten 80s too. I probably got whatever skin cancer is in my future laying out to that song. But Love Machine of all the amazing songs on Wham! Fantastic? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute. Candle in the Wind isn't about Marilyn Monroe. Isn't it about Princess Diana? Silly silly Ryan. I will need to check out your list though. I need to get into more 80's music. The Cure is great! (And yes, I'm posting this at 4:36 AM. I'm working the graveyard shift!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many classics Ryan! For me, these are my high school, college, and dating my husband at BYU Hawaii years...such great memories!

    ReplyDelete