Monday, January 16, 2012

Changes

Lindsay and I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 last night for the first time since the theater. I remember really enjoying the film (I did rank it my number 1), but I also remember some things that bothered me. So after watching it for the second time, here is my list of things I would change about the film--surprisingly, the changes would only be made in the last 30 minutes of the film. If you haven't read the books or seen the film, skip over these spoilers!


1. When Harry is brought back to Hogwarts by Hagrid, Neville needs to kill Nagini right away. His whole speech about going on without Harry was awful. Voldemort would not have let him talk--he would have avada kadavra'd his ass right there. Kill the snake, start the final battle.
2. I also didn't like the whole Voldemort and his Death Eaters making their laughing remarks and everyone else being all sad. The direction just didn't work very well.
3.  Harry leading Voldemort on a wild chase through the castle was no good. I didn't like them falling off the tower and flying through the air. It was akward.
4. When Mrs. Weasley is fighting Bellatrix, she shows fear and falls back. She shouldn't show fear to Bellatrix. She is full of rage and remorse. Her attack needed more power.
5. The visuals were fantastic, but I didn't like Harry and Voldemort having their final duel all alone in the courtyard. Everyone else needed to be out in the courtyard supporting Harry.
6. Harry needed to fix his wand with the Elder Wand! Why couldn't they have thrown this in there? It would have been so easy to do, and it was a HUGE part of the book! Kills me.


I think that was about it. Glaring mistakes in my opinion. It almost seems like they got a bit tired at the end or something. I still think the movie is fantastic, but there are always going to be things that don't work in a book adaptation. It almost makes me scared to read The Hobbit again. I am reading it with Kam before the movie comes out this Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you said. Those changes would have made a better film. Oh, and by the way, I just started a blog!

    http://thebleedingblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete