Thursday, January 12, 2012

Best Films of 2011 continued...

#3-Moneyball, directed by Bennett Miller. I have always been a sucker for good sports movies, especially ones about baseball (my favorite movie is Field of Dreams). I loved this film! Brad Pitt gives just about his finest performance (right behind Fight Club) and the tension that is built up at the end was debilitating. My heart almost stopped. And Jonah Hill...Wow! Who knew? If you haven't seen this one, you need to. It's a gem!

#2-Super 8, directed by J.J. Abrams. The kids in this movie are some of the best I have EVER seen in film. Joel Courtney and Elle Fanning were outstanding! Their honesty and innocence were perfectly captured. I have loved just about everything J.J. Abrams has touched. The man is a Spielberg protege. It gives me hope for the future of cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment