Thursday, September 22, 2011

Returning to my roots

When I started this blog I had "pop culture" in mind. I wanted to share my thoughts and views on movies, books, music, etc. I've realized that since my surgery, my blog has started to sound more like a teenage girl, all feelings and musings (no offense Carlee and BreAnn). SO I'm going to try and get back to my roots: over the next few days I would like to make a list of movie sequels that were better than the original. There are many--and I will give you some of my favorites!

The original was very fun, but Toy Story 2 took the story so much farther! I loved that Woody had a backstory and a past. I loved the introduction of Jessie and Bullseye. Everything about this story took the creativity and heart of Pixar to another level.

The original is scarier, but this sequel by James Cameron was so freaking awesome! The characters are still some of the best ever written (Newt, Ripley, Hicks, Hudson), the action was great, and there are so many quotable lines--"Game over, man! Game over!"

No comments:

Post a Comment