Monday, December 20, 2010

Top 5 Albums of 2010

Not all of these albums came out in 2010, but this was the year I purchased them and fell in love with listening to them. I got a lot of singles this year, and I will include some in a separate list below. Anyway, here are my favorite albums of the year.

Frightened Rabbit: A duo of brothers from Scotland. Great indie music. I first heard them from the TV show "Chuck." I actually got most of my great music from "Chuck" this year. Check them out. This is their second album.

My absolute favorite album of the year! Not a bad song on the whole album. Barcelona is a cross between Death Cab and Keane. I cannot stop listening to this. Buy it now, thank me later.

I also heard Nico Stai on "Chuck." He sings with a lot of emotion and raw energy. Simple singer-songwriter. Really good stuff.

The man may be a total tool in real life, but he writes some great music. Couple songs on the album I don't like, but many that have been played 20+ times. Lindsay and I saw him live a couple years ago and he is an amazing musician.

Obviously this is not a 2010 release, but I feel like everything is right with the world when I listen to Nat. This is my cooking music. I should have been a child of the 50's.


Top singles of the year:
"No One's Gonna Love You"-Band of Horses
"We Don't Eat"-James Vincent McMorrow
"Kings and Queens"-30 Seconds to Mars
"Jar of Hearts"-Christina Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment