Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fiddler on the Roof

This past week was my spring production of Fiddler on the Roof. I have never directed youth in a show like this before. Past credits include Willy Wonka, Wizard of Oz, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty... all of them light and comedic. A couple years back I had a very rewarding experience with Emperor's New Clothes because of writing the script--it was my baby. But Fiddler gave me a chance to try a lot of new things. Can kids portray emotion? Can they show true realism? If you work with a cast like this, then YES! I wasn't sure they could do it and our tech week stressed me out way too much. But they pulled it together when it mattered and put on a show that I was so proud of. This was a very fulfilling week for me. I will miss these kids very much...


1 comment:

  1. I wish we were in UT county. I would love my boys to take your class!

    ReplyDelete