Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love for Sherlock Holmes

One of my favorite movies when I was a kid was Young Sherlock Holmes. It had a creepy side to it that gave me a few nightmares, but I thought it was a great adventure. The new adaptation with Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law is just a ton of fun! I had a sick day last week and watched Game of Shadows again. I enjoyed it the first time, but it was much better the second time around. I posted my love for Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock a couple times in the past. One of my top three favorite television shows ever produced!

And now Lindsay and I are wrapped up in the best show on TV right now (sorry Justified--you're not bringing it this year): ELEMENTARY starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui. Every episode is better than the last. Miller is a fantastic actor! Cumberbatch is my favorite, but Miller has an amazing take on the character. Quirky, mysterious, hilarious...love it. I am caught up in Sherlock Holmes lately. I even feel inspired to read some of the original tales by Doyle and watch a few of the Basil Rathbone serials. Anyone have a recommendation on where to start?


4 comments:

  1. Episode "M" was so good in Elementary. I have enjoyed Elementary, but to me, that episode pushed the series into a more compelling direction. The character development advanced so far in just that episode, particularly with Sherlock's character. It was interesting to see his character go to such a dark place. The events in that episode have set the stage for the more engaging episodes that have aired recently. It's a great show! As much as I love Elementary, I agree, BBC Sherlock is just mind-blowingly amazing! I can't wait for the next 3 episodes. Too bad we won't see them until late this year/early next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miller and Cumberbatch are good friends too, so its fun to see how they can play off of each other in the same role. Love Elementary!

      Delete
  2. I'm totally addicted to Holmes right now, too! Anything I can find. I've mostly been listening to the original stories on Librovox while I ride, run or clean house. It's so much fun to "read" the originals and see where the modern takes took their details! And I just picked up some graphic novels in the children section that my kids are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I'd better watch them. I'm waaay behind TV shows. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete