Friday, February 1, 2013

Best of Coldplay


I've been a Coldplay fan since Parachutes (what a great debut album!). Went pretty obsessive with Rush of Blood to the Head and their first concert cd/dvd. X&Y was only okay and I didn't really care for Viva la Vida. I think that Mylo Xyloto has been a great return to their original sound, but still experimenting. Overall, they are great songwriters, hit makers, performers... I was listening to a song the other day and thought I'd try to make a top 10 list. Not an easy thing to do.

10. "Hurts Like Heaven"
9. "Amsterdam"
8. "A Message"
7. "Shiver"
6. "Warning Sign"
5. "Sparks"
4. "See You Soon"
3. "Clocks"
2. "Life in Technicolor ii" (one of my favorite music videos ever)
1. "Charlie Brown"

Did I miss some of your favs?

3 comments:

  1. 3 excellent songs not on your list: Green Eyes, Trouble, and Everything's Not Lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I battled with "Trouble" but this is war. You have to make sacrifices!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this band. I am not really a concert goer, but I would do just about anything to see them!

    ReplyDelete