Friday, July 13, 2012

Pins!

If you follow my posts you know that we are big fans of Disneyland. We try to get in a trip at least once a year and most Sunday mornings you will find me cuddled in a ball with Max watching one of our Disneyland home movies. A lot of people collect things and here I share my vice: A few years back I bought a Disneyland pin (the one with Mickey and Minnie flanking Walt) and I got myself hooked! The only pins I will really purchase are based on attractions. Just love them. Whenever one of my students go on a Disneyland trip during the school year I tell them they have to get me a pin--and most of them come through! I have taken the pins I've collected over the years and put them on a corkboard that I have in my classroom. My students love looking at it, and they especially love seeing the one they bought me. Make fun if you will, but it's me.

Love the Small World pin. 3rd row down, third from left.

Love the top row, third from right-Mickey at the Main St. train station.

The tickets are representations of passes given to reporters on Opening Day, July 17, 1955.

Both Mad Tea Party pins and the Haunted Mansion with swinging gates are favorites.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew about this. Glad you are sharing, maybe I will admit I have a few (hundred cough, cough) beanie babies stashed in my basement. Next time we go to Disneyland we will grab you a pin!

    ReplyDelete