Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Album Letdown

Barcelona-Not Quite Yours
I love this band! Barcelona released the album "Absolutes" in 2007 and I've been waiting 5 years for their follow-up. "Absolutes" was listed last year as one of my favorite albums. Every song on it is almost perfectly crafted. I have listened to it many, many times. So when this album finally came out last week, my expectations were of course high. I have listened to it a few times and I really want to like it, but it has been a huge letdown. They have strayed from the sound that made their first album great. The lyrics are quite shallow, the vocals are nothing like their freshman sound and I am only enjoying one or two songs from the album. I hate it when this happens! It's like they've become Coldplay a lot sooner than Coldplay became Coldplay. Progressively sucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment